30 Day Book Challenge Days 3&4

These two days go hand in hand, so I combined the two.

Day 3: Your favorite series

Karen Marie Moning photo: Fever Series - Karen Marie Moning FeverSeries.jpg

My absolute favorite series is The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning. These are the books that got me hooked on urban fantasy and one of the reasons that I started writing, because I wanted to read more stories like them and couldn't find any that satisfied the Barrons craving. These books have everything that I look for in a good read, romance, adventure, excellent world building (and destroying), and uniquely realistic characters. I am still on the lookout for any series that can compete as I've been in a two year book hangover since finishing the last one.

Day 4: Favorite book of your favorite series

My favorite out of the series was FaeFever. So much happens in this book, both good and tragically bad, but this book was my favorite because I felt like the chemistry between Mac and Barrons really started to boil over in this one. I really got the feeling that Barrons was coming to care for her, even though he fought it every step of the way and I loved seeing this inner struggle, their great internal dialogues to each other, and, of course, the cake.

Then he pulled back and stared at me and when he spoke, his voice was low with fury. "Never do that again, Ms. Lane. Do not insult me with your silly rituals, and idiotic platitudes. Never try to humanize me. Don't think we're the same, you and I. We're not."

Makes me want to read it again, and again, and again.

pink birthday cake photo: Buttercream Rose Cake cakesmash.jpg