True Love Story

True Love Story - Willow Aster You know that feeling when you’re falling in love? That feeling in the pit of your stomach that makes you want to forget about the rest of the world, the rest of your responsibilities, worries, fears…everything? Well…almost everything. When you’re falling like that, that one person whom your thoughts constantly wander to can make it seem like you are drowning and it’s a delicious way to go. It’s been a long time since I’ve had that feeling. I married my high-school sweetheart, been in love for 16 years, but the first time feeling tends to fade. The reason I’m saying this, is that I got this feeling while reading this book. As I went through each page, I went through an entire bevy of emotions and recollections from falling in love to the disappointments we sometimes face while in it and that feeling you get when the one you have loved and pined for walks into a room after not seeing them for a long time. It’s all there and you feel every moment of it as you journey through Sparrow’s tale. Sparrow herself is a throwback reminiscent of those easier times when people could trust one another and weren’t afraid to be excited about life. She reminded me as I was reading of Zooey Dechanel, kind of quirky, but in an endearing way. I must disclose that I was a beta reader for this book as well as am lucky enough to consider Willow Aster a very valuable critique partner. It doesn’t matter though, this book will stand on its own merits because the writing is good, the characters are real…at times too real, for reality can be hard to take sometimes, but the story is truly beautiful.