SPOILER ALERT!

30 Day Reading Challenge Day 6

Day 6: A book that makes you sad.

I was in for a big surprise when I picked up The Storyteller last summer. I had been on the search for something different, other than the contemporary and N/A romances that I'd been reading, and this book fit the criteria of everything I was looking for. I bought this book on the premise of it being about a love story of two people from different worlds, but it was more than just a love story. There was pain and mystery, a close up look at the uglier side of life, and a horrific turn of events that shocked me more than anything else that I have ever read. Just the thought of this THING (<---yes, it deserves caps and bold, it's that huge) still bothers me. It's not too hard to go looking for monsters in the unknown, but when someone that you think you know and have a good grasp on through 2/3 of a book does something monstrously unexpectedly horrible, it hurts. This book hurt. It killed me and I thought about it, almost everyday for weeks afterward. And yet...I'd still recommend this one, if only to have someone else to commiserate in my pain. Sometimes sad can be a good thing, ya know?