Feeling a little sad.

I just finished deleting every review I had from that other book site. They still exist here and in the file I saved, but it still makes me unbelievably sad. I already miss the comments left on those reviews because the comment space is where all of the great relationships I formed were born. I still have a profile there, haven't decided whether or not I'll be deleting it too. Seeing as how mine is an author profile now, I have been weighing whether or not deleting it would be an insult to the people who have chosen to follow me or declared themselves a fan. A lot of those people have become friends and I almost feel like I'm betraying them by leaving.

It's sad. But, I firmly believe that it's necessary. In the years that I was on that site, not once did a reader insult me or "attack" me. In the years that I was on that site, several times I was insulted and attacked by authors for my reviews and opinions and I witnessed the same happen to friends who spent their own time reading these people's books and writing thoughtful and honest reviews.

I'm happy to be here, but I can't help but feel like it's the end of an era.