SPOILER ALERT!

Pivot Point

Pivot Point -

I thought this was a great first book in what seems to be an interesting series. I loved the premise of a group of people with special talents all living cordoned off from the rest of the country. I'll be interested to see what happens in the next installment and am hoping that we might get some insight into what happened to Trevor since we find out that Addie chooses the path without him in the end. There were a couple of things that didn't add up for me while reading, but they weren't bad enough so as make me change my mind about the rating. If you're someone who overanalyzes the plot points of the story, they might bother you too. First, I get that the football was a major device in the story so that both of Addie's different paths would intersect. I get it. I just don't get how the society was set up where they were not supposed to go out into the normal world without signing a ton of paperwork and being briefed (and it seemed) watched heavily to ensure that the society of people with talents would remain a secret. So, I don't get how all of those security measures could be thrown to the wayside and a bunch of high school kids (an age group not known for their discretion) would be able to travel amongst the regular people and rub up against them in such a normal setting. It just didn't add up to me with the rules of the society that we were given. Second, if Addie's best friend, Laila has the ability to make people forget things, couldn't the whole incident with the drug dealer been avoided if she had just made him forget that her dad owed him money? Why could she use her powers to make Addie forget weeks of her future, but not that? Didn't make sense. Like I said, I know it's just me. I can't let little things like these go, but still, I'll def be buying and reading the next book when it comes out. This writer definitely has the skills to tell a good story. I'd recommend this one to anyone who would like to read a different take on paranormal ya.