Crux

Crux - Julie Reece I really enjoyed this book. The characters where wonderful, I especially liked Birdie and mysterious Jeff. Liked that it read as a stand alone, although I can see more books in the future, the story arc was completed at the end of this book. While I did enjoy reading it, I wish that the background story about Alarr was told a little more clearly as I was a bit confused there for a while. Also, I would have liked a little more detail on the powers that Alarr gave to Birdie because there was a point in the story where the bad guy took her captive and there was a huge fire raging nearby. If she has the power to control fire, then why didn't she use it to get away? The whole warehouse scene kind of bothered me this way because, before that, we were told about Birdie and Grey's training and it didn't seem like they used much of their powers to fight the bad guys when it could have been really useful. Altogether, it was a good read and I look forward to reading more from Julie Reece in the future. 3.5 stars.