The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies, #1)

The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies, #1) - Tarryn Fisher HUGE SPOILER BELOW, SO IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK, STOP READING NOW AND IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK, HURRY AND DO SO BECAUSE IT IS AWESOME!!This book is...phew, I don't even feel like I have the proper words to explain just how good this book is. There were so many places in the book where I felt like my heart was going to break right along with Olivia and Caleb. Olivia is such a unique character. It's hard for me to get into a book when the protagonist is not a good person, I mean how can you root for the bad guy, but I did with this book. Now in a black and white world, Olivia would definitely fall under the black area because some of the things she did in this book and the decisions she made when it came to Caleb were just downright evil, but I still wanted her to win. I have never read a book with a more honest character. All of Olivia's good thoughts and the bad are layed out infront of the reader and I found myself really being able to relate to them, both good and bad. I don't know what that says about me, but I can remember how I felt about my first love and I know that at the time, I would have done anything to get him, to keep him. It was so refreshing to read something to breath-takingly honest. "I really missed my mother. Maybe if she were alive, I wouldn't be so rotten." See, the thing that made her so endearing to me was the fact that she knew exactly what she was and she knew that the choices that she made were wrong but she couldn't help herself from making them because she loved Caleb that much. The way the book ended killed me. Ugh, I am left wondering if there will be a sequel or if it is better left this way but I know that this story is going to haunt me for a long while.I went through my highlighted notes after reading and realizing that Caleb was faking his amnesia and after rereading the part where he is pretend proposing to her, "'You belong with me. Do you believe me?' I feel my sweat glands open. Holding my breath, I nod. This is supposed to be for laughs, but it doesn't sound funny, it sounds like something I will be replaying years from now- when I am sitting alone in a room full of cats." I have a hard time believing that it is the end of their story, he keeps searching her out and she is still in love with him so my heart tells me it cant be the end!! Goodness, I love and hate it when a book leaves me so wound up like this!! Definite 5 stars! Can't wait to read whatever else Tarryn Fisher writes!