SPOILER ALERT!

Spoiler in review

Beautiful Things Never Last - Steph Campbell

Very good writing, as I've come to expect from this author. There are a whole lot of errors sprinkled throughout that were a little distracting from the story.

[ It's funny, this book made me realize something about the way I view infidelity. When it was Quinn in the last book, I was angry with her, but I got it. I saw what she was going through and I accepted it. In this book, it's Ben and he doesn't even go as far as Quinn did, but I was livid. Is it that I am more willing to forgive a woman's indiscretion than a man's? I don't know, but it's something to think about, I guess.  (hide spoiler)]

I really enjoyed seeing what happened after the "HEA." Most of the time, you think that a book couple will continue on to live out their blissful life, right? I mean, that's what we want, it's the reason we read these books. Truthfully, that's just not reality. People get comfortable with each other and things stop feeling new and exciting and you start to settle into your patterns that can become a little boring too. That's what I loved about this story, it was an honest depiction of what happens after "the rest of the story" as Paul Harvey would say. It felt real, and that realism is what sucked me in and kept me reading until four in the morning. I should have known that this would happen, it was the same when I read Grounding Quinn last year, so no surprise.

This is a 4 star read for me, but as I mentioned before, there are whole lot of easy errors in it, so if you can look past that, I say give it a try.